Kajagoogoo in Smash Hits 1983 Neil Tennant

June 8, 2011
by

Kajagoogoo in Smash Hits 1983 by Neil Tennant

Here we have a superb three page Smash Hits  article from May 1983 focusing on the success of the band, the tour and the adoring fans!

Interestingly, the article was written by one ‘Neil Tennant’, he of Pet Shop Boys fame, before he became a pop star himself.

These photos are courtesy of GBTeddy.

June 9, 2011 2:48 am

I have this as well. I really do need to invest in a scanner 🙂

• June 9, 2011 11:50 am

Yes, please get a scanner!! We’d benefit from all the treats that would come from it!!

2. lulu permalink
    June 9, 2011 2:56 pm

We were royally pissed off with this one! 1. It didnt feature us and wew were The Fans. (and we went to portsmouth) 2. it made all fans sound like squealing screamers (that will be the day when i start squealing!). 3. The pictures of the fans just illustrated the above two points!

3. June 9, 2011 4:33 pm

Not painting the real picture eh Lulu.

I think the best you can hope for from any article is that the name gets mentioned and anything else is subject to artistic licence from the writer!!

4. lulu permalink
    June 9, 2011 5:56 pm

There were plenty of screamers but i certainly wasnt one and i wouldnt have been hanging round with any either! You are talking to the person who went to a Nick Rhodes book signing and when my frind and I were next to ge the book signed, the kid at the counter gazed up at Nick (who knew us quite well from the studio) and said in a swooning fashion, “oooh, you are so tall” at which point I couldnt resist chipping in with “yeah cos he is standing on a box” (which he was, the short arse) and the poor little darling fan was quite crushed. screaming and swooning? Get a grip, Neil Tennant, we w ere not all like that!

June 10, 2011 1:35 am

Hysteria can take over at gigs. The first time I saw Duran Duran I screamed like a girl. LOL
    I was 18 at the time 😡

Everyone got screamed at back then. 🙂

6. lulu permalink
    June 10, 2011 4:19 pm

I was just not the screaming hysterical type then! 😉 I have just never felt the urge to do so at a gig!

7. jasmine wok permalink
    September 6, 2011 10:24 am

I went to a Spandau Ballet gig and no one screamed I saw Limahl in Covent Garden once and no one bothered him at all. I have never screamed at anyone unless it was to tell them to shut up.