Limahl Don’t Suppose CD Mystery

April 9, 2011

Does anybody out there know anything about the mysterious release of Don’t Suppose on CD from Gold Legion that has gone very quiet?

Back on December 2nd 2010 we reported that the album was to be released on January 25th on a pre-order basis.

And then we announced a delay to the release on February 18th, this delay stated that we should see the CD around February 25th.

The above delay sounded like things were very close to completion but nothing has been heard since.

I’ve emailed Gold Legion a couple of times and had no reply.  Many fans have emailed Gold Legion and also had no reply.

Are Gold Legion waiting for sufficient pre-order sales before they can make this happen?  If so, say something!

If everything is still going ahead and it won’t be long, say something!

Fans who have paid for this album are getting a bit restless now.  Nobody minds a delay or a problem but nobody likes the silence, it inspires no confidence!

If you’ve paid for this CD and had no response from Gold Legion, let us know below with a comment.  Many thanks.

April 9, 2011 8:04 am

I emailed a few times but nothing.

We have clearly been scammed.

2. Joanna permalink
    April 9, 2011 11:35 am

I pre-paid in January, emailed them few times since then. Still absolutely No reply from them!

April 9, 2011 11:47 am

I’m the same. I pre-ordered back in November/December sometime………whenever it was that the announcement was made on Limah’s website. Irritating thing being this – I busted the time limit with the bank to make a claim for non receipt of goods.

Clever, isn’t it?

3. Trimberz permalink
    April 9, 2011 6:36 pm

We have pre-paid too in January, emailed numerous times without a response…Where’s my CD….? 😦

• April 9, 2011 9:53 pm

We have comments on the facebook page about this also, seems the fans are collectively not happy about this and rightly so.

I shall see if I can find anyone to comment from any of the camps involved though I’m not holding my breath.

4. April 9, 2011 10:20 pm

I have the LP vinyl, I have the Cassette and I downloaded it from iTunes not long ago (it’s on there). NO REASON WHATSOEVER for a CD release IMO, and it might be taken back or canceled .. how many will they really realistically sell? I’d be surprised if it’s out there on CD … the Limahl albums (only Don’t Suppose was a kinda attractive) and should have been released around the same time of Kaja’s 3 CD re-releases .. now it seems 6 ..7 years too late 😉

• April 10, 2011 10:00 am

Hi Slim, thing is though this CD release was announced and promoted, so it is supposed to be out there. How many they’d sell was an issue for Gold Legion to think about before they decided to buy the licence.

If it has been cancelled, then Gold Legion need to get announcing this and pay back the pre-order money.

5. April 10, 2011 2:36 pm

It would be nice to have a hard copy CD of “Don’t Suppose” but, no “Greenhouse Effect”? Boo.

6. April 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I’ve emailed Steve (manager of Limo) and also emailed EMI. If I get any response on this, I shall share of course.

7. April 12, 2011 12:07 pm

The CD has now been removed from the Gold Legion site, but still no contact from them at all. Tried to email them today, the email function mysteriously no longer works.

As they are based in the US, something will need to be done via the US version of Trading Standards 😦

April 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Read this guys. We have all been duped.

9. Da'Ron permalink
    April 23, 2011 2:02 am

i also pre-payed and have recieved nothing

10. Da'Ron permalink
    April 23, 2011 4:02 am

emailed again and got a responce in minutes
    “Hello Da’Ron,

The Limahl CD has been pushed back for end of may release. Limahl just completed the interview for the liner notes and artwork is nearly complete. Apologize for the release delay, will keep you updated through email updates within the next week. Will be mailing out Limahl to you the minute they arrive.

Regards,