KajaGooGoo and Kenny Everett

March 10, 2011

Kenny Everett was a UK comedian on our radio and screens most famously in the 70s and 80s and at his height, his television show was massively popular.

Often controversial, very funny though!

KajaGooGoo appeared on his television show performing Too Shy, here is the video courtesy of Steve AKA theraggedtiger:

This show was aired on March 3rd 1983 and was the second episode in the second series of the show.

The link continued past this show and Kenny famously later appears in the video for ‘Ooh to be Ah’, video here courtesy of emimusic.  Kenny answers the phone at 55secs.

Though he sadly died on April 4th 1995, he will always be remembered fondly by his fans and of course by Goo fans for the above reasons.

Two great pieces of video, RIP Kenny.

1. March 12, 2011 8:45 am

Kenny was great fun I met him a couple of times nothing to do with the Goos particularly. I remember when they filmed the vid for ooh to be ah though. Some ungodly hour on a sunday morning I think in Piccadilly. The hotel Limahl is carried into is still there. i liked Steve dressed as Nick that was quite funny.

• March 12, 2011 10:31 am

That is awesome Lulu, so you were around for that video shoot then yeah? You should have popped your head onto camera somehow!!

March 12, 2011 9:32 am

This is my fave Kajagoogoo video.

I was and am a huge Kenny Everett fan too. It’s such a shame that he got sick – had he been around today, I’m sure he would have been bigger than ever.

The guy was a genius.

• March 12, 2011 10:30 am

He really was very funny, some of his sketches have me in tears! Very controversial at times too, I believe it wasn’t unheard of for him to get sacked for his comments!

March 12, 2011 10:44 am

Yup, that’s right Steve. I think the ‘great 208’, Radio Luxembourg, sacked him once. And the BBC too I think (but I may be wrong about that)

3. March 14, 2011 3:35 pm

that was a one of the little items that limahl let slip, the filming thing. we were under strict instructions not to get in the shots and mindful that paul ryan didnt want us there anyway we behaved. But it was quite boring actually. we didnt stay long. these days i would have said bollocks and got stuck in!!

• March 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Ha ha same here, I reckon any video would be cooler with our heads keep popping up all over the place!!