KajaGooGoo Giant Paper Clip

March 11, 2011
by

I’ve refrained from buying it, but what is this piece all about?!

According to the description on this, it’s a rare US only giant plastic paperclip and it’s 5″ x 2.5″ inches in size.

What is it all about though?!  Is it official, who made this thing and why?!   What exactly is it promoting?!  How many exist out there?!

It’s very quirky and if official it’s very nice but still, really quite odd!

It keeps tempting me to buy it for the novelty factor, somebody else should buy it before I end up doing so!

March 11, 2011 8:43 am

I always wonder about these things……….I mean, how rare can they be? Ebay always have them listed and Esprit International do as well. Personally, I think they are cheap imported novelties that are produced on demand. I don’t think they are vintage.

A quirky think though.

I have a few things in this category myself, namely a Kajagoogoo pen, some ‘vintage’ patches, and an ‘original’ 1983/84 poster or two………….so vintage that they are perfectly white and crisp.

An interesting post, Steve. Hopefully, somebody will shed some light on these kinds of item. 🙂

• March 11, 2011 10:01 am

I think the fact I find this one so strange is because of the design. I can understand making posters, pens and patches but a paper clip?! 🙂

March 11, 2011 10:28 am

It’s an odd thing, Steve.

I think you should buy it. Just because it’s quirky.

• March 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Yo Steve, Jo Strode has one of these which came from Jez so the chances of it being official have increased!

• Denny permalink
      March 12, 2011 12:13 am

I like this but I draw the line at paying £16+ for a paperclip.

Hey Steve, Ragged Tiger.
      I also have a couple of vintage Kajagoogoo posters via Ebay that are in great condition. I really do think they are vintage tho. I was at a seaside town in 1998 and purchased a load of old stock Duran posters for £1 each and they were as crisp as they were when they had been £5 over 10 years earlier. I got loads of George stuff from the guy when I was much younger when the shop was just of the front in Rhyl 🙂

March 12, 2011 8:32 am

Maybe some of this stuff is genuine after all. My posters are suspiciously un-yellowed though, hence my doubts.

And I agree, the paperclip is way overpriced. A good talking point though!

Duran posters for £1 each? Denny, you are lucky…. We had a similar shop here that closed in the late 1980’s. I purchased tons of badges, patches, and posters for next to no money. The pity is that I only have a couple of items left. Several house moves and the passing of time has seen off the rest……. 😦

• March 12, 2011 10:37 am

This is no ordinary paperclip Denny, this is a GIANT paperclip!! LOL 🙂

2. Madison permalink
    March 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I think it’s cool. Something fun for a collection. Somebody should buy it so it’s not left lonely and unwanted. :o( Put it with the rest of your items Steve. 🙂

• March 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Blimey, I actually want to go and buy it after reading that, I feel sorry for the little thing sat there doing nothing waiting for someome to love it!!

• Madison permalink
        March 11, 2011 10:11 pm

And so you should feel sorry for it, poor thing. BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT. 🙂

March 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Official huh? I wonder if fans will be panic buying Kajagoogoo paperclips following on from this thread?

Steve, you really need to start a post on unusual merchandise – the paperclip can be first in the gallery! 🙂

• Madison permalink
      March 11, 2011 10:16 pm

OMG! Cant find it on Ebay. Someone has bought it!?! Who?! Show yourself. . . . . 🙂 lol

March 11, 2011 10:23 pm

phew. I found it on eil.

They want £16 for it! Incredible.

• March 12, 2011 10:35 am

They did have 60% off or something like that recently, it had been down to £8 or something but I still doubted the integrity of the item! Turns out there were boxes of them at the office where KajaFax was originally made, looks like they are a genuine piece!

March 12, 2011 11:36 am

I want one!

March 11, 2011 10:50 pm

I just posted this – inspired by the Kajagoogoo paperclip!

It made me smile anyway!

🙂

• Madison permalink
      March 11, 2011 10:58 pm

haha, lmao, thats great! 🙂

• March 12, 2011 10:33 am

Ha ha ha ha ha that is brilliant! Who’d have thought the little paperclip would have been such a talking point!! 🙂

March 12, 2011 10:39 am

It’s really funny, isn’t it? I’m telling you – a post on daft merchandise would go down a storm!

🙂

March 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Little paperclip? it’s Giant! Remember that! 🙂

March 12, 2011 4:59 pm

LOL

It is nice but giant or not, £16 is way too much.

The Duarn posters I got back then are all nice and and crisp. I got a few out of the shop display thing as they were the last ones left. Those ones are a little battered but still in great condition. They only had one Culture Club one tho. Years before I had gotten a couple of George on his own but they haven’t survived very well at all. They didn’t have any of those left for me to get a replacement 😦

March 12, 2011 5:23 pm

I love that kind of thing, Denny. Collecting is great – and I know that you will appreciate that comment. 🙂

It’s sad that the culture of collecting is being lost, with everything being throwaway digital format nowadays.

• Denny permalink