Kajagoogoo Album Series Box Set Update

January 21, 2014

Hello!  The team over at KajaFax HQ thought it would be nice to give you all a sneaky preview on the new Kajagoogoo box set, released yesterday.  Those in the UK that pre-ordered the item will already have their copies. For everybody else, here is what you have to come 🙂

Box Set Top

Front

Box Set Rear

Rear

Box Set Discs

Discs

Colour All My Days CD

Colour All My Days….. AT LAST!!!! 🙂

Thanks for visiting KajaFax and for those whose discs are still to come…..enjoy them!

2014 KajaFax

1. Adam permalink
    January 21, 2014 6:10 pm

About time! Our wait is over. Thank you EMI 🙂

2. Harry permalink
    January 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Want, Want, Want, Want, Want.
    You just sold another copy KajaFax !

3. Bex permalink
    January 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Lovely. I’m so happy to finally have the Limahl albums on CD after all this time.
    Thank you for making this Limahl fan happy 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. Jeannie permalink
    January 21, 2014 6:53 pm

NICE

5. Will permalink
    January 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Bonus tracks would have been nice on the Limahl albums but other than that its all good. I wonder if we are due some new music in 2014?

• January 22, 2014 10:35 pm

The bonus tracks are what is going to make those original 2004 re-masters so collectable in the months to come I expect. Those discs are I suppose better, in so far as they come in individual jewel cases with full booklet/liner notes and of course have those added b-side and remix tracks. I bought this new set purely on the strength of the ‘Colour All My Days’ disc and although extras would have been a nice touch, I’m happy just to see the original album on CD and not one that I have burned from tracks cobbled together from other compilation CD albums! 🙂 Maybe one day Gold Legion may have a go at it for the US market – who knows?

As for the new music, I really have no idea. Limahl did surprise us with 2 singles in 2012 which was unexpected. It’s a shame that we cant have that kind of output every year! I think it’s tough right now for a lot of artists and, as a singer without a deal, probably a whole load tougher. All we can do as fans is continue to show our support and hope that a vibrant and active online community can convince a producer, group, or label that Limahl and/or Kajagoogoo have a wealth of fans sat at home just waiting to spend their hard-earned cash on a new release. Some people issue singles and albums purely on ‘pledges’ which is a nice idea. I would love to know how many in terms of a percentage number actually reach their target and ultimately produce the promised new music, and on the other side of the coin how many fall short and have to refund all of the donated cash.

It’s a shame that there is not more conversation of this sort on here really, as I really believe that people do take note of blogs, fansites and forums and that such outlets are a good measure of public opinion for those that may have a business interest.

Just a thought…..

6. Andreas permalink
    January 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Mine Arrived Today..so glad to have the Original Album´s now here..:-)

• January 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Are you happy with them, Andreas?

• Andreas permalink
        January 24, 2014 6:01 pm

ohhh to be, ahhh i am…absolutley happy with them..every disc is Original!!!!
        Thank you,KajaGooGoo,for made my life,to another GooGoo……….
        cheers

andy

7. Andreas permalink
    January 24, 2014 6:04 pm

sorry,and of coures,the absolutley famous Limahl Albums!!!

andy

8. January 25, 2014 6:48 pm

These boxed sets don’t usually have bonus tracks or much info. I have the Yes one (Nick knows them). Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel and UFO also have these as a result of Parlophone and Chrysalis changing hands from EMI to Warners.

• January 26, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks for the info John. The sets are no frills type releases – you are right – but do represent really good value for money. Of course, fans of Kajagoogoo and/or Limahl are just happy that ‘Colour All My Days’ is finally out on CD and also for those that missed the boat first time around, that ‘Crazy People’s Right to Speak’ is now freely available again. Copies of the 2004 issue CD were changing hands at silly money – I knew a seller who sold his for £86.

Of course, the original series discs will still be the ones of choice for collectors or fans, as they have the extra tracks, but for the average music buyer, this box set is a steal at around £12. 🙂