KajaGooGoo Concert Flyers and Press Release

February 9, 2011

Here we have some brilliant flyers and a press release from 1982 and 1983.  If anyone has any further information on there, please do let us know!

Above is a 1982 poster for a support slot with Fashion at the Friars.

Above is a flyer for a 1982 support slot with Fashion at the Hammersmith Odeon, a venue that would later prove to be very significant to the band.

Don’t know much at all about this press release, if you know where it was from or more information, do let us know.

Many thanks to ‘Steve AKA theraggedtiger’ for these photos.

February 9, 2011 8:30 pm

I found these scans on a webpage quite some time ago. Unfortunately, I didn’t save the pages, or indeed take note of any details.

I wonder if anybody viewing the article attended these events?

February 10, 2011 1:56 am

I think the second picture might be an advert from one of the music papers.
    I was once offered a ticket from one the Fashion shows many years ago but I lost the guys phone number 😦

• February 11, 2011 2:38 am

I went to the Fashion gig at hammersmith, i absolutely loved them, Mulligan was an icon. They were a brummmie band I believe and had an absolutely bitching single called Move On which I sadly have not managed to download recently. I was there for the support and watched with only slight interest as the band were competent but somewhat too poppy for my taste really. although i loved Duran on the whole i liked things a little harder. I thought their sound was clearly influenced by the likes of Fashion, Japan and the like all of whom had massive cult following though limited chart success at that time. Funny how things turn out!! I went to friars in aylesbury to see other bands though, it wasnt far from london and sometimes tickets were easier to get for it and i seem to remember it was a standing venue which i prefered. I was there in may 1983 for example………

• February 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Speaking of May 1983, do you have your ticket stubs??!! 🙂

3. February 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Sadly not although our hammersmith ones would be the ones to get. front row dead centre and an overnight camp out at the hammersmith odeon to get them I might add!

• February 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Bet seeing the show from that position was worth the camp out! It’s the only position fitting for the original Kajagang 🙂

4. March 11, 2016 12:16 am

Hey Kajafax team – found the press release on a website from someone called “Mike O`Connor” – here is the link: http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/kajagoogoo.html – hugs from here – Lilly