Limahl Live – KajaFax Reports

July 23, 2012
tags:

The KajaFax team have just returned from a fabulous weekend of music in Scotland….and what a fabulous weekend it was!

The weather was patchy at best, and we did get a little wet on the Sunday show, but other than that we could not have asked for more.  Each and every artist was superb – standout performances being given from Jimmy Somerville, Roland Gift, Marc Almond, ABC, and Adam Ant.

We are however here to discuss Limahl, and we start with his set list for the day.  We posted last week what we thought might be on that list, and despite Limahl mischievously trying to throw us off the scent, we were not too far wrong!

The performance, introduced by compère ‘Doctor’ (from Doctor and the Medics) was:

Kajagoogoo

Ooh to be Ah

Inside to Outside

Only for Love

Hang on Now

Too Shy

Never Ending Story

We were fortunate enough to be at the event as guests of Limahl, and were given the privilege of going backstage to have a few words with him just after his performance.  Steve and I took the opportunity to get a group photograph of him with the KajaFax team, and also had a quick chat about the day’s performance and of course the KajaFax website.  We learned that festival performances differ from the norm in so far as there is no full sound check prior to taking the stage, and that this can sometimes throw up some unexpected technical difficulties.  It seems that today was one of those days, although the crowd would have been unaware of it other than a slight delay prior to the beginning of the set.  Whilst those last minute fixes were being applied, the fans were treated to a short ‘a cappella’ performance, so you could say the glitches worked in our favour 😉

The opening song was ‘Kajagoogoo’ and regardless of any technical issues that may have been going on behind the scenes, so far as we could hear, things were going perfectly.  The band were tight and Limahl’s performance and on stage presence was both energetic and as ever vocally flawless.  He bombarded an appreciative crowd with hit after hit and treated us to a fantastic performance of Inside to Outside which has never before been performed live and was a true highlight for every fan.  With a repertoire of songs like that in his armoury, surely a full length solo gig should be in the diary?

Steve and I would like to extend our thanks to Limahl and the Rewind tour management team for their help and support in both bringing us to the event and making us feel incredibly welcome backstage.

All that is left to show are the images from the day, presented in this gallery…..

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For photos of other artists performing at the 2012 event, follow this link  https://kajafax.co.uk/rewind-2012-other-artists/

Were you at Rewind Scotland? Do you have photos of the event? Email us at admin@kajafax.com to get your photos published on site!

1. July 23, 2012 4:57 pm

What a fantastic weekend! Limahl was absolutely brilliant. 🙂 everybody in the crowd was singing along!

2. Bex permalink
    July 23, 2012 5:21 pm

WHOAAAA! AWESOME WEEKENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. July 23, 2012 5:29 pm

I am here in the U.S.A. and I wish I could have been there as well. I too, am a Limahl fan! I to appreciate the pictures you share with all of us. They are Brilliant and it appears as if all of you had an AWESOME time with him. America is missing out on a great deal! If you ever have an opportunity to speak with Limahl again, tell him that his fans over here in American would be just as delighted to see him!
    He has been here before, however I live in Texas and I believe he was in the Los Angeles California area. It would be splendid if he’d even come this way. 🙂 Just a thought. Well, thanks for sharing with us anyway and keep it coming!

4. July 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Limahl was incredible, I’m biased for sure but definitely up there as one of the very best performances of the weekend. I thought the crowd warmed to him massively and his interaction with the crowd was warmly received.

What a set list too, performed as said by a superb band and Limahl as ever, vocally perfect. I would love to see this done as a solo gig, it would be fantastic!!!

Wonderful to get backstage too and be able to say hello and congratulate him on a fantastic performance. I’d like to think he has some new fans after that show, fantastic!!!!!

Oh and it must be said, Limahl is such a nice guy. Even when he is super busy and everyone wants a piece of him as you can imagine, he still makes time for the KajaFax boys.

Steve C

5. July 23, 2012 5:48 pm

I absolutely agree Steve. We had a fab time – it’s just a shame that I couldn’t get this online sooner than now! It’s a bit of a rushed post really, but I hope that everyone can see from the photos that it was a great day 🙂

6. July 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I think this would have been a great show for any Limahl fan to get out and take advantage of, it was a lot more than one or two tracks, it was a proper performance 🙂

If Limahl could get out and do some gigs with the band he had there, well……

7. July 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I hope it is still on the back burner Steve.

Tell you what aswell, after Chesney Hawkes performed his new song, it was a quick realisation that 1983 wouldn’t have been so cheeky and it would have gone down a storm!!!

• July 23, 2012 6:20 pm

ahhhh…. Well, thats how I feel too but Limahl did have the feeling that the event should stay strictly 80s.

Speaking of 80’s authenticity and Chesney Hawkes – he isn’t even 80s! Neither are Right Said Fred (as good as they were) or the Bay City Rollers!

I would have loved to have seen 1983 performed. 🙂

8. July 23, 2012 10:08 pm

This is true and it is billed as an 80s event. Next time, 1983…… !!!