KajaGooGoo and Culture Club Bootleg

March 18, 2011

The cross-collectable items will always be interesting to fans, they carry a bit of mystery about them I feel and due to the fact two sets of fans would be interesting in buying, they carry that extra bit of collectability too to the fan who just wants everything!

This item is a bootleg album featuring KajaGooGoo and Culture Club:

Side A is Culture Club recorded live in 1983.

Side B is KajaGooGoo recorded in London in 1983.

Neither show is complete, the quality is poor and the sleeves are photocopied.ย  The disc itself is white label with no print.

The album somtimes comes in a colour sleeve under catalogue number TAKRL2003, manufactured in Amsterdam under the title, ‘Boy O Boy, My Boy is on Stage’.

This item belongs to TheRaggedTiger and he notes that this one came to him from France at quite a high price.ย  As a collector, you have to decide whether the poor quality is worth paying a high price for, does it balance against the quirkyness of the item?

Many thanks to Steve for this one.

Related Post:

1. Floh permalink
    March 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I have the Version with the yellow Culture Club Cover.
    The other side of the Cover is Kajagoogoo in orange and shows a … Autokino? (car cinema?? drive in cinema??) with James Dean on the screen and is called “Kaja go goยดs at the Hammersmith”.

• March 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Sounds very cool, pictures would be awesome if you can ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Floh permalink
    March 18, 2011 3:55 pm

here you can see a picture:
    go to Discography and than Various
    Pic looks a bit cut

March 18, 2011 6:23 pm

There must be lots of variations on this one. I would love to have them all!

It’s such a shame that bootleg recordings do not appar very often. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

March 19, 2011 5:17 am

I think, I have only seen the two versions of this. I have no idea why this item still demands such a high price when the CC concert is available in full with near perfect audio all over the net. I can only assume it’s due to the lack of info about which concert it contains.
    And am I right in thinking the Kaja concert is either the BBC version that was released as an official download recently or a rip of the audio from the White Feathers Tour VHS?

Having said that……….i would still like to own it just as a little bit of history ๐Ÿ™‚

March 19, 2011 8:27 am

The Goo part is from the BBC In Concert show Denny (as I remember – the quality is so bad that it was only played once). It is only a small part of the show too. The CC part is dreadful quality – to listen to it, I had to rip onto my PC and adjust the playback speed as the original was so far out!

It’s not worth having really although I am a bit of a completist which is why I keep it. it’s not even an attractive thing!

Also, the seller at the time had no info on content or quality, so for all I knew, it could have been a full show in high quality of a date other than one of the Hammersmith gigs.

I took a chance……….