White Feathers Duran Duran Signed Programme

February 8, 2011

One of my Goo missions is to between us all, find a ticket from each of the concerts of the White Feathers tour in 1983.

We’ve had two so far and now here is a third with a great story.

This ticket for the Birmingham show of the tour is owned by ‘Steve AKA theraggedtiger’.  He tells me how there was an interesting story attached to this particular ticket.

Tha lady herself who sold this ticket stub had been to the concert and was sat next to Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes.  They had gone along to the gig to support the Goo and provide a bit of promotion.

So, the lady in question seized the moment and asked the two Duran chaps to pop a signature on the tour programme, which they duly did.  The programme was included with the ticket:

I think Steve has the same feeling as me with the tickets as he did note that the signed programme was a bonus, it was the ticket that he was mainly after.

I shall begin a side post soon to collate all of the tickets we feature, get them together and see if we can collect them all!

Fantastic items here, many thanks as always to the tiger for sharing.

February 9, 2011 4:00 am

Ooooooooooooh. I love those cross-over collectables. Kaja/Duran. Wonderful.
    I have a Snoopy Boy George doll that takes pride of place in my Snoopy collection and is sort of an oddity in my Boy George collection. LOL

February 9, 2011 10:31 am

That sounds like a fun item, Denny. I love things like that – quirky.

This tour book was one of those things that I picked up on impulse. The KGG/DD double connection interested me, although what the origin of the item may really be is anybody’s guess. I took the sellers story to be true purely because the ticket stub seemed to validate it a little – especially being a Birmingham ticket. On the other hand, in 1983 at the height of Duran mania, do you really think that Nick Rhodes and Simon LeBon would have got in or out of any venue without causing a stampede? Especially in a theatre full of Goo fans, most of which will have been Duran fans as well?

Who knows.

The ticket was my main purchase – the book was merely an extra.

I need to ask SLB on twitter if he ever went to that gig – who knows – I may even get a response….

• February 9, 2011 1:24 pm

I guess if the fans were so hyped up for the Goo show, they might not have cared too much that NR and SLB were around, probably only a smaller bunch of fans could see them from where they were anyway. Would imagine they’d have got to their place via backstage also.

It’s a great story and great items 🙂

• February 9, 2011 1:22 pm

Snoopy Boy George doll sounds very quirky, what does it look like?!

2. February 11, 2011 2:50 am

Needdless to say i was at the birmingham gig. this was one that the lads put us on the guest list for (we didnt usually ask but we saw them after the sound check and they offered when they heard we were going to do the tout thing otherwise.) because of this we had seats upstairs and arrived late. Nick Rhodes was certainly there. One of the girls, Cathy, was a big time Duranie and on very good terms with all that band and their mothers! being a birmingham girl she had been seeing them from the start so we knew Nick at least was coming. But he would have arrived very late practically as the band were coming on as that was how they did it in those days, barely anyone would have noticed him arrive. and i bet he left the auditorium at least before the end. Dont know about Simon, as we didnt see him but Nick was quite used to us by then and we lurked about to say hello.
    I especially remeber Birmingham as this was the first gig we got a mention while the band were on stage. They dedicated White feathers to us and didnt forget any of us ( six girls) which was quite impressive. It was one of the best gigs they did. And we got a ride to the next one with the support band H2O who thought we were nutters! we probably were.

• February 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Great story and really cool to hear it confirmed that Nick was there!!

February 12, 2011 9:50 am