Limahl – Tonight’s TV Appearance

September 6, 2014
tags:

Earlier this evening, Limahl appeared on MDR TV in Germany as a featured artist in their retro-extravaganza show ‘Die 80er Jahre Party’.

Limahl 1985 (1)

For those people both here in the UK and elsewhere in Europe without access to German TV, we thought it would be nice to bring you footage of this evening’s broadcast.  So, we got busy with our satellite equipment and here are the results!  Limahl on stage.

Enjoy!

Thanks for watching!

2014 KajaFax

1. Nickrhodes littledarling permalink
    September 7, 2014 3:26 pm

I’m so glad, that you have share the TV footage here an KajaFax! Thank you very much! I had unfortunately missed it, to watch it on TV 😦 Paul Young was also on this TV appearance! 🙂

2. Andrzej Łukowski permalink
    September 7, 2014 9:40 pm

Regrettably it was uploaded at the worse quality only. If fact the mdr channel is broadcast in both standard and high definition standard. Personally I recorded it taking advantage of the higher quality version. Did Kajadmin be aware of both options availability? If so, why not uploading the footage at the best quality?

• September 8, 2014 7:08 pm

Andrzej,

These broadcasts are not really meant for the UK and we at KajaFax HQ only have a ‘standard’ definition system with which to receive them. It is not common for UK households to have this type of Eurpoean TV equipment, so we at KajaFax are lucky to have the access to these broadcasts that we do.

They are recorded onto DVD from SD satellite broadcasts and the VOB files from the DVD are uploaded directly to You Tube. If the quality is not up to the standards that people may expect, that is unfortunate, but we do the best that we are able to do with the equipment at our disposal.

We had the upload posted onto site within 45 minutes of the end of the show, so one thing that we do provide is a speedy service for those fans who cannot view these shows in their own homes. KajaFax has many subscribers in Japan and the USA and we like to think that we are providing them with a good service.

Thanks for your comments which are much appreciated and than you for visiting KajaFax. 🙂

3. Andrzej Łukowski permalink
    September 8, 2014 7:26 pm

I think it is a just question of the receiver type. For instance on my HD satellite device I can receive both standard quality channel and the high quality one (they can be found on a different frequencies). My receiver is a not very sophisticated one. I am sure that similar or even better equipment can be easily found in the United Kingdom too. Of course if someone has an access to a standard quality receiver only (definition equal to maximally DVD quality, i.e. 720×576 pixels for the 4×3 aspect ratio or 720×480 pixels in 16×9 format), then it is impossible to watch and record the high definition version channels.

• September 8, 2014 9:14 pm

Yes Andrzej , the equipment is available in the UK. KajaFax operates on a zero budget however, and the cost of buying new equipment purely to record Limahl and Kajagoogoo TV performances from European stations in High Definition does not really justify it’s cost.

I don’t even have my UK TV in High Definition, so if I were to upgrade anything to the HD standard, it would be my British TV.

We always strive to bring Kajagoogoo fans the very best that we are able and will continue to do so. KajaFax is a full time job and operates on 100% love of the band and its music. Unfortunately, we do not make money from advertising to re-invest.

Thanks again for for visiting!

4. Alan permalink
    September 8, 2014 9:44 pm

As a Kaja(fax) fan without any of the equipment and who didn’t get to see it, I’m just grateful you gave us a chance to do so – your continued efforts to bring us this and other rare stuff is much appreciated, thank you! 🙂

• September 8, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks Alan.
      We have some great stuff on the way leading up to Christmas too! I can’t wait……and I know what’s coming!!!! 😉

• September 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Many thanks to the KajaFax team for sharing all Limahl’s Tv appearances! I really appreciate your effort to help fan worldwide!! The quality is good and Limahl was enjoyable as ever!! Many thanks again!!

PS: I can’t wait to watch the other stuff!! 🙂 XD

5. Nickrhodes littledarling permalink
    September 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Hey! Thank you, that you have upload the performance of Paul Young! I’m also very glad of it! ^_^ Oh and Limahl has sung twice? That’s much better! 😀 I think Paul Young has still the same voice like in the 80’s, but now a bit deeper. He’s still a great and kind guy 😉 Thanks again for uploading these wonderful TV performances!

• September 10, 2014 6:12 pm

I’m glad you like the uploads – always glad to help 🙂

6. September 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Kajafans are super lucky to have such a great site, free of charge with access to performances aired outside the UK. Kajafax takes a huge amount of time to run this site with resources they have available & do a wonderful job. It’s much appreciated!