Old School Blog Interview with Nick Beggs

September 26, 2011

Interview with Nick Beggs at Old School Blog

Our friend Tim Schoultz from the Old School Blog contacted us recently to ask if we’d seen his interview with Nick Beggs.

Well, the answer was ‘no’, we hadn’t seen this so major thanks to Tim for dropping us a line and sharing and for giving us kind permission to open this one up to the lovely readers at KajaFax.

At this point, I’d encourage you to read the interview and then return back here for discussion!!

Welcome back.  Well, it’s a great interview and catches Nick in the mood for a good discussion with serious genuine answers!! 🙂

I think the most disappointing thing that I read in that interview was the very simple ‘no’ answer to any further music from KajaGooGoo.  That’s not a  never say never or maybe, that’s a very straight no.  I know time can change things but I think this one really is a very final no.

Thankfully, there is nothing in there about future gigs with the band, I have a feeling those would still be a possibility of the situation was right for the guys to get together on.  I still have my fingers crossed for something in 2013 to mark 30yrs of the band.  If the band read this and would like to hear our thoughts on the ultimate 2013 KajaGooGoo concert, email me!!

For me personally, the quality of Gone to the Moon was so high, when you look at what the band did with the EP afterwards, the burning thought was how amazing a five piece album could be and it sounds like we’ll never actually get to see that happen.

Still, maybe we expect too much of a band that we’re only together for a few years, a long time ago.  What’s your thoughts?

1. September 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Kajagoogoo still have a future as a live outfit, and I for one am sure that the 30th anniversary of White Feathers will not pass the band by without something good taking place to mark the occasion….

• September 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I’m sure you’re right Steve, would love to see the band play again 🙂

2. Cris permalink
    September 27, 2011 11:42 am

My dream is to see Kajagoogoo live at least once in my life. I really look forward to that happening somehow.
    But, forcing my optimistic attitude to the point of often being irrealistic, I see that everything has been done to revitalise the band, including the incredible special effort from you guys at Kajafax.
    It is not a matter of being together for a few years, it’ s just that time flies… We simply would need a Richard Branson in love with the band to come in, put the money, produce, promote and inevitably sell, no matter what the income would be.
    Lots of love

3. JustM permalink
    September 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I agree with Cris: time flies and every single member had his own project. I think that they could work together again if there are the conditions, it’s not simply “revitalising the band”, it’s working on a new project, the Kajagoogoo of today and tomorrow. I think to myself: i enjoy working with same people for years because i learn everyday something new and my job can be challenging. Guessing that for them it’s the same, they will work together again on a project that really involves them. And now…should we ask Richard Branson to call Nick Beggs? 😀

4. 5-r permalink
    September 29, 2011 9:33 pm

They should realise full new album “Space Cadet Gone To The Moon” back in 2008 for 25 anniversary reunion tour “Space Cadet Tour” with 16 new tracks. You see? 12+4=16 ! They should made compromise GTTM & DDH = new 16 track CD album. That would be really big thing back in 2008. But they mised 😦
    So don’t mis 30th anniversary of White Feathers Tour 🙂

5. September 29, 2011 10:51 pm

I think that as great as ‘Gone to the Moon’ was, it was bettered by the ‘Death Defying Headlines’ EP – it’s such a shame that those sessions only resulted in a 4 track EP and not a 10 track album. I often wonder if there were any other demos from those DDH sessions that didn’t make the final mix? I’m guessing that the band won’t tell us the answer to that one though! We do however have to face the fact that Nick seems adamant that there will be no more ‘goo material. His position may change in the future – who knows? One thing is for sure – and that is the liklihood that the band only have the live circuit ahead of them (at best). A pity, but probably the best we can hope for. I will, of course, support the solo projects of the individual band members and am eager to hear Nick’s new solo album. Limahl is overdue a bit of studio activity too so I’m waiting eagerly for something from him too! Having said that, anything is possible and if the opportunity presented itself, maybe the guys would record together again….

The band as a 5 piece outfit have something unique and I for one hope that there is a shift in the feeling of some of the band members towards the band. I understand that they all have so very much more in their lives other than Kajagoogoo, but guys if you are reading – please consider a 30th anniversary celebration of some sort??