VH1 Bands Reunited

February 2, 2011

In October 2003, music television channel VH1 manage to achieve what had seemed an impossible task until then, they reunited the original five members of KajaGooGoo for a one off special show for their series ‘Bands Reunited’.

It’s a brilliant show and there are some lovely moments of the band getting back together for the first time and rehearsing and then some songs from the live show.

It’s a shame that a future for the band could not have been worked out right after this as the offers were certainly there, that’s something that would take another five years to come together.

The band state that they had unfinished business and this show was an important part of the Goo history, it sparked the fires burning again and who knows if we’d have had Goo 2008/2009 without having had Goo 2003.

Courtesy of ‘Steve AKA theraggedtiger’ who is an absolute star, here is that entire show for your viewing pleasure:

There are a couple of videos on YouTube with clips of this show, this one is the full episode.

Anyone who follows the Goo will probably have met or be aware of Dan AKA Spider.  He’s a loyal fan and he gets to many gigs.  I always love the fact that anytime I see a photo set of any Goo event, Dan always manages to turn up in at least one photo.  I was absolutely delighted when I first saw this show and spotted Dan in the crowd, see if you can see him!

Enjoy!

1. February 2, 2011 2:10 pm

Priceless, absolutely priceless. I hadnt seen this in 2003 I was an international show groom I barely spent two weeks in a row in the country and certainlu didnt have time for VH1. Thank you and raggedtiger for sharing it.

• February 2, 2011 2:45 pm

Great stuff Lulu, it’s certainly a very interesting piece and great to see them at home and stuff!

February 2, 2011 4:31 pm

My pleasure!

2. February 3, 2011 11:37 am

Great!!! I tried for years to get this. It once was online but you could only watch it with Windows and if you were playing it inside of the UK. WONDERFUL to find this one here!

February 3, 2011 3:28 pm

I would love to get a copy of all the archive footage they used in this one. They really did go to a lot of trouble with the old clips.

Keep an eye out for the ABC Bands Reunited. Nick helped them to get to Martin Fry.

• February 3, 2011 10:59 pm

I’ve not seen the ABC one yet Denny, wonder if the Tiger has it in his extensive archives!!

February 5, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Steve,

I’m afraid that I don’t have this show. The only ABC video footage in my collection is the LaserDisc of the ‘Mantrap’ movie that was made back in the day. However, I will take a peek on the web and see if I can source a copy!

4. February 4, 2011 12:20 am

lord, ABC. last time i saw Martin Fry he had not aged well. I got really chatted up by one of the band members when they were famous but I was SOOOOO UNINTERESTED. he was a good friend of a friend of mine so she gave him my number after i thought i had escaped into which ever club we were in and i was furious. I cant hear one of their records for laughing about it……

• Denny permalink
      February 5, 2011 5:05 am

LOL. That’s hysterical. I had the same thing happen once with a member of a band I refuse to name because they are crap. He thought he could have anyone and his hangers on were bitching at me for daring to refuse. Thankfully you never hear their stuff now unlike ABC.

• February 5, 2011 10:50 am

Now you know everyone is curious who that band was Denny!! 🙂

February 5, 2011 9:48 pm

I nearly did but then thought it might be too easy to work out who it was 🙂