Stuart Croxford Neale – Touch Sensitive?

March 1, 2014

KajaFax needs your help!

We have for you today a couple of pieces of music that we think feature Kajagoogoo’s very own keyboard wiz, Stuart Croxford Neale.

img516  img517

The group Touch Sensitive released a handful of singles and remain largely a mystery – nobody at team KajaFax actually remembers them! KajaFan ‘Dean’ from Canada contacted us some time ago with information about the band and following on from this, Steve and I managed to source a copy of one of the singles – ‘Don’t Cry’, from 1988.  The band were produced by Colin Thurston and, according to the CD single liner notes, the group line-up was:

Vocals: Peter Orr

Drums: Ray Knight

Phil Todd: Sax

Bass: Kevin Jarvis

Keyboards: Stuart Neale

We are hoping that this article may generate some discussion and welcome anybody with any information on the band to come forward!  In the meantime, here are sides A and B of the debut single ‘Don’t Cry’, ripped from our vinyl copy.

What do you think…..?

See you next time!

2014 KajaFax

About these ads
  1. Andreas permalink
    March 1, 2014 12:43 pm

hey,,thank you for sharing this here…a brilliant song. I hope to read more interesting news. I like the song…Colin has done a very good job again (R.I.P.)

• March 1, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks for your comment Andreas. The curious thing about this song is that we don’t actually know if it’s Stuart or not. The CD single states Stuart Neale on Keyboards and given the Colin Thurston connection, I suspect it must be our man. I would never had known about this had we not have been contacted about it.

All very curious, and I hope that somebody can give us some more information. Maybe even Stuart himself, perhaps? Any facebook users who follow Stu may like to ask him??? :)

2. Adam permalink
    March 1, 2014 7:03 pm

The B side is better than the A side! I like it.

I have never heard of them though.

If you listen to the synths on these songs, I think you can tell it’s Stuart, but I could be wrong. It is a massive coincidence if it’s not him!!!!

3. Cris permalink
    March 1, 2014 9:56 pm

I think it is quite probable that it was him, Steve… if you consider that Phil Todd played trumpet and arranged brass on Islands there is more than one connection between the team members…
    Never heard of this group but they do sound like Islands phase Kajagoogoo with less winning ideas and also with a singer which resembles very much a Nick slightly less acute in tone…

• March 1, 2014 11:10 pm

Thanks Cris – an accurate take on things as always.

It’s an interesting song and as Adam says is maybe better on side B than side A. There is also another single out there which I don’t have – I am guessing that Stuart did not appear on that one.

The sharing of information and ideas is the great thing about KajaFax – Steve C and I love that part of it! I have to admit though that back in ’88 I never heard this song and was more interested in Duran Duran’s ‘Big Thing’ album (amongst other things….( On reflection though, this is a fair single and should have dented the top 100 I think.

March 1, 2014 10:25 pm

I posted this on Stuart’s wall on Facebook and got an interesting response. It is indeed him but said he was never part of the band he just did sessions with them. Kevin Jefferies also posted to say that working on these sessions is how he met Stuart, He is credited on the record as Kevin Jarvis ;)

Oh and Steve, get ya self on Facebook ;)

• March 1, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks for the info Denny…..I knew that somebody would have the answer :) Oh, and yes, maybe I will sign up! :)

5. Diana Jennifer permalink
    March 2, 2014 9:14 am

This song is really interesting. I like it and I hope to hear others things! Thanks for share!!! :-)

6. Croxy Stuart permalink
    March 2, 2014 1:53 pm

I like the beginning from the song “Don’t Cry”
    the song is stupefying:-)

• March 2, 2014 5:18 pm

People sure seem to like this song :) Thank you for your comment!